Realising how to become a Christian is the most important discovery of your life! Becoming a Christian is more than joining a church or saying a prayer. It is a personal relationship that will last for eternity.
We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
Here you will find, some of the basic things you will need to understand, learn and use in your everyday life when becoming a Christian.
Learn it, understand it, say it with meaning. The Lord's prayer can be the start of your daily prayers and can help you focus your attention to your faith.
- Our Father, which art in heaven,
- Hallowed be thy Name.
- Thy Kingdom come.
- Thy will be done in earth,
- Give us this day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our trespasses,
- As we forgive them that trespass against us.
- And lead us not into temptation,
- But deliver us from evil.
- For thine is the kingdom,
- The power, and the glory,
- For ever and ever.
Life is full of rules and decision making. God created 10 simple rules for us to follow, so in order for us to live a pure Christian life we must follow these commandments:
Sermon - March 13th, 2018
- 1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
- 2. You shall not make idols.
- 3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- 4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- 5. Honor your father and your mother.
- 6. You shall not murder.
- 7. You shall not commit adultery.
- 8. You shall not steal.
- 9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- 10. You shall not covet.
‘Ihave a dream’. Those are the famous words of Dr. Martin Luther King. He went on to describe his vision. A vision of freedom and equality. His words influenced a generation and played their part in changing the mind of American society.
We are all sinners, no matter how hard we try and we will all fall short of the perfection of Jesus. Life was created this way and God fully understands that we are not perfect. Just as long as we do our upmost not to sin and if we do, we make every concious effort to ask for His forgiveness and repent.
All sin is bad but there are 7 sins in particular that we must be very weary of, for these can destroy your sole unless you fight the temptaion and give your heart to God. These 7 deadly sins are: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy & Pride.